-->

Chelsea Manning released, tells ABC News exclusively the past 'is only my starting point, not my final destination'



Chelsea Manning was released from military prison today after seven years of incarceration at the U.S. Disciplinary Barracks at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, a free woman after President Obama commuted her sentence three days before he left office. Her imprisonment was longer than any whistleblower in U.S. history.

Army spokeswoman Lt. Col. Jennifer Johnson confirmed to ABC News that Manning left Fort Leavenworth's disciplinary barracks at 2 a.m. central time.

In an exclusive statement to ABC News, Manning said, “I appreciate the wonderful support that I have received from so many people across the world over these past years. As I rebuild my life, I remind myself not to relive the past. The past will always affect me and I will keep that in mind while remembering that how it played out is only my starting point, not my final destination.”

http://abcnews.go.com/US/exclusive-chelsea-manning-tells-abc-news-past-affect/story?id=47452624

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter