Howard Zinn Dead, Author Of 'People's History Of The United States' Died At 87

"A People's History" had some famous admirers, including Matt Damon and Affleck. The two grew up near Zinn, were family friends and gave the book a plug in their Academy Award-winning screenplay for "Good Will Hunting." When Affleck nearly married Jennifer Lopez, Zinn was on the guest list.

"He taught me how valuable – how necessary dissent was to democracy and to America itself," Affleck said in a statement. "He taught that history was made by the everyman, not the elites. I was lucky enough to know him personally and I will carry with me what I learned from him – and try to impart it to my own children – in his memory."

Read full article »»



A People's History of the United States Read by Matt Damon. Introductory and concluding chapters read by Howard Zinn.... »»

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter